- Thank your Steamboat School Board for caring for every student 3-19-19
- Those concerned about school sites need to get involved in process 3-18-19
- Potential Whistler school site sparks controversy 3-14-19
- New principal hired for Strawberry Park 2-24-19
- Thank you Advisory Committee members 2-15-19
- Soda Creek Elementary principal chosen for Fulbright Program 2-13-19
- Steamboat Schools Rank 3rd in State in Assessment 9-11-18
- Now is the time to learn about Steamboat Schools plans to build for the future 2-4-19
- Steamboat student graduates high school early with a college degree 6-5-18
- Teacher Appreciation Week May 2018
- SSMS students' artwork highlighted in Steamboat Magazine 4-26-18
- Kudos for Strawberry Park Elementary yield ‘virtual’ rewards for Steamboat students 3-26-18
- Friction between SSHS friends leads to prize-winning science 3-8-18
- District considers plan to improve security at high school 3-6-18
- SSHS athletes pick up end-of-season honors 2-28-18
- Steamboat School Board to consider MS remodel to create new classrooms 2-6-18
- Steamboat robotics team headed to state
- Not your typical school lunch 11-17-17
- Steamboat 2nd Graders Becoming Power GOOGLE Users 11-6-17
- Steamboat's volleyball Wendy Hall named leagues best coach 11-1-17
- Steamboat 5th graders test biofuel potential of Cheetos 11-2-17
- Girls on the Run teaches Steamboat students life lessons 11-1-17
- Steamboat musician division finalist in flute competition 10-27-17
- Thoughtful Parenting: When reading is harder than it should be 10-15-17
- SPE Celebrated as a Finalist for Excellence in STEM Education Award 10-4-17
- Four Chances to Weigh In On Future Facilities 3-19-17
- School District Seeking Professional to Cost Out Facilities Options 3-20-17
- What Happens When Gallagher Collides with TABOR? Not Good Things 2-13-17
- Our View: SSSD Still Tops 2-8-17
- Steamboat Springs Schools and District Garner Numerous Awards 1-30-17
- School Finance for Dummies 10-9-16
- State Accountability Reports Press Release October 12, 2-16
- Community Committee for Education Plans Educational Series 10-9-16
- EFB Approves $3M Budget, Considers Funding Kindergarten Tuition 5-4-16
- SSSH Working on Outdoor Classroom 5-2-16
- CC4E Continues Discussing District Needs 4-27-16
- The education tax: Why spending Steamboat's half-cent sales tax isn't so simple 4-25-16
Advisory Committee Meetings and Presentations
about 1 month ago
The District held a kick-off meeting for the Advisory Committees on January 23, 2018. Please click here for the presentation shared with committee members.
March 20, 2018 - All Advisory Committee meeting held at Steamboat Springs High School. Please click here for the presentation shared with committee members.
April 19, 2018 - All Advisory Committee meeting held at Bud Werner Memorial Library. Please click here for the presentation shared with committee members. City of Steamboat Springs (Tyler Gibbs) presentation on Population History and Projections, and future Residential Development. Click here to view the presentation.
May 31, 2018 - All Advisory committee meeting held at Steamboat Springs High School. Please click here for the presentation shared with committee members. The group also saw presentations by Craig Robinson from Parks and Recreation and Dana Duran from the Boys and Girls Club.
August 9, 2018 - All Advisory committee meeting held at Soda Creek Elementary School. Please click here for the presentation shared with committee members. A demographic sub-committee shared a DRAFT report with the group. Click here for the DRAFT report.
August 22, 2018 - All Advisory Committee meeting- click here for the presentation.
September 4, 2018 - All Advisory Committee meeting - click here for the presentation.
September 25, 2018- All Advisory Committee meeting - click here for the presentation.
October 16, 2018 - All Advisory Committee meeting - click here for the presentation.
January 22, 2019 - All Advisory Committee meeting - click here for the presentation.
February 4, 2019 - All Advisory Committee meeting - click here for the presentation.
Steamboat Springs School District is launching four advisory committees
about 1 year ago
Steamboat Springs School District is launching four advisory committees that will make recommendations to the administrative team and school board on a future approach for long-term facilities planning to enhance teaching and learning for Steamboat Springs students.
The work of the advisory committees is expected to take place over 12 months, commencing in January 2018 and concluding in December 2018.
The District's four advisory committees will include:
- Academic Programs
- Extra Curricular and Co-curricular Needs
- Site Constraints and Possible Solutions
- Evaluating best practices on the topic assigned: and
- Reviewing current structures and resources
- (1) One building administrator
- (2) Parents - one elementary and one secondary
- (2) Teachers - one elementary and one secondary
- (up to 2) At large community members who do not have students in school
- (up to 2) Secondary students
- (1) District/Central office administrator
ARCHIVED INFO - We want to hear from you!
2 months ago
THIS SURVEY LINK WAS POSTED ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT PAGE OF THE DISTRICT WEBSITE FOR A MONTH AND THE SURVEY WAS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.
Steamboat Springs School District schools are currently at or beyond capacity. Our community is growing, as is the number of students in our schools. We need your input on how we should build for the future!