- Grocery Card Benefit Suspension 8-24-17
- Absence Management fka
- Alio Employee Portal-New
- Alpine Achievement
- Atlas Curriculum Mapping
- CDE Login for RANDA
- Infinite Campus
- NWEA(Map) Login
- TimeClock Plus
- Transportation Request
- SSSD Onsite Medical Clinic
2 days ago
Welcome Steamboat springs school district employees
Our goal is to put everything you need at your fingertips. Watch this page grow.
- NEW Alio Employee Portal as of 7-22-16
- Absence Management (AESOP)
- Annual Leave Day Request Form (Exceptions)
- Additional Education Stipend- classified
- Classified Staff Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Purchase Program
- HSA Contribution Election Form
- HSA Bank Form
- Safeway Grocery Card Sign Up
- Staff Work Calendars 17-18
- TimeClock Plus Employee Manual
- Yearly Option for Personal Days Payout Request
19 days ago
Staff who would like to request funding for attendance at a professional development conference should use the Request for Conference Funding form and submit it initially to their building principal and then have it sent on to the Director of Teaching and Learning.
Professional Development resources are now available through our High School wiki. Use these to see what professional development opportunities are available at individual building sites.
Staff members looking for regional training opportunities should look at the NWBOCES website and click on the tab labeled Professional Learning.
- Requires evaluating educators based on statewide standards of practice and student learning over time.
- Requiring all licensed educators to be evaluated every year, regardless of years of service.
- Makes non-probationary status tied to professional expertise rather than the length of service.
- Requires schools and districts to provide staff development for any identified needs in the educator’s evaluation.
Steamboat Springs School District Training
|Steamboat Springs School District Policies and Procedures|
Forms and Resources
Any staff member that is interested in serving on the council should contact Marty Lamansky, Director of Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 871-3194.
The calendar of the dates for the council meetings can be found here. The current list of council members can be found in this document.
School-Based Technology Mentors
Technology mentors have been established at each of the four major schools in the district. Mentors are teaching staff members who have particular expertise in the use of, and integration of, particular technologies in the district. For the 2017-18 academic year, mentors have expertise in SMARTboard, iPad use and applications and Google Apps For Educators (GAFE).
Staff members who are seeking specific help in implementing technology in their classroom, as part of their instructional practices, and/or as part of ongoing parent/student communication should work with either their Technology Integration Specialist (at elementary schools) or their building-based technology mentors.
School-based Technology Mentors: click on the mentor's name to e-mail them a request.
Soda Creek Elementary
The Steamboat Springs School District has five district-wide Professional Development Days during the year. These are days that are reserved for staff to engage in collaborative learning focused on issues and techniques which improve all elements of teaching practice. Further information can be obtained by contacting your building administration and instructional coaches or contacting the Director of Teaching and Learning.
August 18 and 21, 2017
District Back to School events, data conversations, building-based staff development
October 6, 2017
February 9, 2018
District Wide PD days. All staff will participate in one of four “Instructional Strands.” Registration to take place in early January.
March 19, 2018
District Wide PD days. All staff will participate in the second day of one of four “Instructional Strands.” Registration to take place in early January.
1. Have a conversation with your building principal about the professional conference and why you believe it will be beneficial for you and your students. Be prepared to explain how you will share the knowledge from your conference with your colleagues. If your principal is in support of the request then go to Step 2.
2. Fill out a Request for Conference Funding form and have your building principal sign the form. Send the form over to the District Office to the attention of the Director of Teaching and Learning.
3. Send an e-mail to the Director of Teaching and Learning to make him/her aware of your request.
You should be notified within 5 working days of the status of your request and any follow-up procedures you will need to follow.
New teachers who meet this requirement will be assigned a mentor teacher and be in the program for a two-year period. Building principals will inform new staff who their mentor is and provide the initial information. The program will also be reviewed as part of the new staff training that takes place at the start of each academic year. Below are some of the specific policies, forms, and documents that inductees and mentors will need for the program: