1 day ago
Welcome Steamboat springs school district employees
Our goal is to put everything you need at your fingertips. Watch this page grow.
- NEW Alio Employee Portal as of 7-22-16
- Annual Leave Day Request Form (Exceptions)
- Additional Education Stipend- classified
- Classified Staff Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Purchase Program
- HSA Contribution Election Form
- HSA Bank Form
- Safeway Grocery Card Sign Up
- Staff Work Calendars 17-18
- TimeClock Plus Employee Manual
- Yearly Option for Personal Days Payout Request
3 months ago
over 2 years ago
Staff that would like to request funding for attendance at a professional development conference should use the district staff development funds request form and submitting it initially to their building principal and then have it sent on to the Director of Teaching and Learning.
Professional Development resources are now available through our Elementary Schools wiki and our High School wiki. Use these to see what professional development opportunities are available at individual building sites.
Staff members looking for regional training opportunities should look at the NWBOCES professional development calendar
In addition general reference material from the Colorado Department of Education can be found at their website on Educator Effectiveness or by clicking here.
Any staff member that is interested in serving on the council should contact Marty Lamansky, Director of Teaching and Learning at email@example.com or via phone at 871-3194.
The calendar of the dates for the council meetings can be found here. The current list of council members is listed in this document.
In addition the district has adopted uniform expectations for all licensed staff concerning technology training for each year. There are several options for licensed staff to be able to fulfill their PD requirement in the area of technology. A full description of the options and the requirements can be found by clicking here.
Teachers may need to document individual staff development in the area of technology if the sessions that you attend do not provide you with independent certificates of attendance and/or transcript recording. In order to document professional development in the area of technology teachers should use the form below.
Technology PD Log
Technology Training opportunities:
School Based Technology Mentors
Technology mentors have been established at each of the four major schools in the district. Mentors are teaching staff members who have particular expertise at the use of, and integration of, particular technologies in the district. For the 2014-15 academic year mentors have expertise in SMARTboard, iPad use and applications and Google apps for educators.
Technology mentors can offer large group (whole staff, grade level, or department), small group or individual instruction. If a principal or a staff member has need for some particular training or assistance with one of the three focus technologies they should contact their building mentor(s) to set up an opportunity.
School based Technology Mentors. Click on the mentors name to e-mail a request
Soda Creek Elementary
District Wide Professional Development Days
October 10, 2014
BOCES Collab day @ SSHS
February 6, 2015
March 6, 2015 Agendas
April 10, 2015 Agendas
1. Have a conversation with your building principal about the professional conference and why you believe it will be beneficial for you and your students. Be prepared to explain how will share the knowledge from your conference with your colleagues. If your principal is in support of the request then
2. Fill out the request for funding form and have your building principal sign the form. Send the form over to the District Office care of the Director of Teaching and Learning.
3. Send an e-mail to the Director of Teaching and Learning to let him/her know of your request.
You should be notified within 5 working days of the status of your request and any follow up procedures you will need to follow.
New teachers who meet this requirement will be assigned a mentor teacher and be in the program for a two year period. Building principals will inform new staff who their mentor is and provide the initial information. The program will also be reviewed as part of the new staff training that takes place at the start of each academic year. Below are some of the specific policies, forms, and documents that inductees and mentors will need for the program.