In 2021 and 2022, the Steamboat Springs School District will engaged in a process designed to create a strategic plan that outlines a coherent vision for our district, described the strategic priorities that will guide our actions, and identified the measurable targets that will allow us to monitor our progress towards our goals.
SSSD will began the strategic planning process by recruiting a planning team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experience, and perspective including students, families and community members, educators, and district leaders. This team guided the strategic planning process for the district.
The district engaged in a listening tour in the community designed to build understanding and clarity about the skills and competencies they want students to build throughout their experience in SSSD. This data and information armed the strategic planning team to update the SSSD Graduate Profile that will ground the strategic planning process in the diverse and meaningful outcomes the SSSD community cares about for their students.
Finally, the strategic planning team selected and developed the strategic priorities, goals and measures that will guide the actions and priorities in the district moving into the future.
- November 2021: Steering Committee Application and Selection
- December 2021: Steering Committee Kick-Off and Aspiration Setting
- January 2022: Graduate Profile Data Review and Graduate Profile Prototyping
- February 2022: District Data Review and Priority Setting
- March 2022: Mission, Vision, Values and Plan Review and Approval