Online Enrollment Registration for NEW students for 2021-22 (opens March 8, 2021) and Existing Student Annual Student Update (opens May 3, 2021)
3 months ago
We now offer the convenience of online enrollment registration and online household updates.
Preschool students - There are several documents that will need to be printed and completed for preschool consideration of CURRENT and NEW students.
Please have the following information/documents available before you begin updating your portal account:
- Household Information
- Parent Information
- Student Information
- Emergency contacts (2)
- Proof of residency
What to Expect in Online Enrollment Registration
Parents/guardians will fill out an online application taking 15-20 minutes, which includes information about members of the household, emergency contacts (2) and student data. Application processing will be handled by the school(s) and notifications will be sent via email as an application moves through the approval process.
- You must have an email address. If you do not have an email address, click here to create a Gmail account.
- You must disable pop-ups, click here to learn how.
- You must have the required documents in an electronic format to upload. Click here for tech tips to assist in scanning documents with your mobile device and uploading them to your application.
Please have the following information/documents available before you begin Online Enrollment
- Household information - physical address, mailing address and phone numbers
- Parent/Guardian information - FULL LEGAL NAME, work and cell phone numbers; email addresses
- Student information - demographic and health/medical information. The student name and date of birth should be entered exactly as it is on the birth certificate.
- Emergency contacts (2) - addresses and phone numbers
- Prior School - address and phone numbers, if applicable
After the online enrollment registration application is processed, you will receive an automated email and information about the next steps to completing the enrollment.
If you need any help navigating through the registration process, please call the school office.
Sleeping Giant School - Andrea 970-871-7598
Soda Creek Elementary & Preschool - Annabel 970-871-3398
Strawberry Park Elementary - Julie 970-871-3498
Steamboat Springs Middle School - Ellin 970-871-3597
Steamboat Springs High School - Colleen 970-871-3610
Kiosks are also available at the school offices and the District Office (325 7th Street) BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, if you don't have access to a computer and/or a scanner.
Waivers, Releases and Handbooks
3 months ago
Waivers and Releases
- Internet Access, Electronics, and Mobile Devices Agreement
- Technology and Devices Code Agreement
- Media Opt-out Form S-37-E
- MS Climbing Wall Disclosure, Disclaimer and Waiver
- MS Dress Code Agreement
- MS Sexuality Education in Health and Personal Finance Class
- MS Student Dance Eligibility
Immunizations and Immunization Waivers - click here for the latest information from the Nurse's Office- Changes to Nonmedical Exemptions effective for the 2021-22 school year
La ley de Colorado exige que los estudiantes que asisten a una escuela pública, privada o religiosa entre Kindergarten y 12.º grado estén vacunados contra muchas de las enfermedades que las vacunas pueden prevenir, a menos que se presente un certificado de exoneración - clic aquí
Online Registration Documentation Required
3 months ago
Documents are required to be uploaded during the online registration process. All electronic documents must be legible. If you are not able to upload documents, you will need to provide a copy of these documents to your child's school office as soon as possible, before your registration can be completed.
Proof of Residency
Must be dated within 3 months of application- must show physical address- must be in the name of the parent, guardian or student. One of the following documents will be required to be uploaded during the enrollment process:
- mortgage, lease or rental contract - must be current
- utility statement - within 3 months
- residential real estate tax statement
must show full legal name of child and date of birth or one of the following:
- state-issued ID
- adoption certificate
- hospital certificate
- must be current
- Immunizations and Waivers - click here for the latest information from the Nurse's Office
- Immunization Medical Exemption Form
- Formulario de exoneración médica
- Immunization Non-Medical Exemption Form
- Formulario de exoneración no médica (por creencias religiosos o personales)
School Boundary Changes 2020-21- Approved 12-14-20
3 months ago
2021-22 K-8 District Boundaries
Proposed PK-8 boundaries were created by a Boundary Committee consisting of community members and District staff. Guiding principles of the committee included:
- All SSSD families will have equitable access to high quality school options of their choice
- Boundaries will be drawn with an eye to the future and anticipated growth and development in Steamboat Springs
- Boundaries will facilitate an economical and efficient transportation network
- Collaborative process with staff and community
- School of Choice/Open Enrollment will be available for grades K-8
Contact us - email@example.com
Click here to view the committee presentation to the Board of Education on December 14, 2020.
January 22 -Parents will receive notification of school residency
February 12 - Current 4th & 7th grade Intra requests due
June 8 - Current all other grades intra requests due
Click here to view the committee presentation to the Board of Education on November 9, 2020.
Community Input Meetings
Click here for information on past community meetings.